Monday, January 25, 2010

Recipe Love and Mom's Polynesian Chicken


For those of you who like trying recipes, here's a few I recommend.

First up, some terrific friends I know in real life

Spanish Home Fries or Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Frosting {tremendously great friend, vegetarian so I don't tend to use most of her recipes, but go have a look, you might find something you'll love...and she's ridiculously fun and sweet to boot!}

Garlic Chicken Stir-Fry with Quinoa, Peppers, and Basil

And some incredible bloggy friends :):

Mary's Garlic Chicken Pasta with Red Peppers

Chicken Couscous Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes

Basil Grilled Chicken


Snickerdoodles


More recipes than you can imagine

I'd also like to share with you my mom's Polynesian Chicken recipe. I think she got it passed down through the family, but I'm not certain. It's probably from an old cookbook somewhere, so my apologies for not sighting it, I have no idea its originality.

 I like to get just thighs and drumsticks and intermix them.
Buy a large package of thighs and a large package of drumsticks,
spray a 9 x 13 inch pan lightly with cooking spray,
add chicken.
 
Mix the apricot preserves and russian dressing, add onion soup mix and stir.

Camera was having issues.
So like the Sandra Bullock line in While You Were Sleeping...
I just don't remember it being this orange....
 
 Pour over the chicken.
 
 Cook for 2 - 2 1/2 hours at 300°.
Mom used to always do this while we were at church {along with baked potatoes in the oven at the same time} and it'd get slightly burnt/black and crispy but it almost tastes better that way! So don't be afraid to cook it longer.
 
Add a starch and veggie, and you've got yourselves a yummy meal!

5 comments:

Sarah S. said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out! I love Smitten Kitchen too, what a beautiful cooking blog.

You might find it fun and inspiring to post more about your cooking adventures as well. Keep it coming!

Jenny said...

This chicken looks yummy. thanks!

Unknown said...

Oh yeah - this looks like a winner ! I've been looking for something different to do with chicken and your recipe is now on my " to do " list 🥰🥰🥰

Anonymous said...

This seems like a winner ! Two of my kids HATES Russian dressing - do you think French would work ?

Anonymous said...

It looks like a nice recipe, but there's NOTHING Polynesian about it. It should just be called My Mom's Church Chicken