Sunday, July 27, 2008

This Weekend - Ceiling Fans and The Dark Knight

Tim switched out our old kitchen light for a new ceiling fan on Friday. He did a great job!!! It is so nice to have a fan in the kitchen - the hottest room in our house.


BEFORE...
AFTER...
Doesn't he do great work?! I'm so proud of him.

In other news...
We went to church last night and went to see "The Dark Knight" this morning at 10 thinking it wouldn't be as crowded at the theatre then. It wasn't as crowded in the building, but that particular theatre definitely got more crowded than we were expecting on a Sunday morning! That is just crazy!

The movie itself... I'm still trying to sort out all my thoughts on it. I didn't think it was bad. I didn't think it was spectacular. I thought it was pretty good in parts, and not so good in other parts. I hate spinning camera motions around people who are standing still and there's no point to it. I was pretty sure I might lose my popcorn breakfast during those times. I LOVE the music. I thought Heath Ledger did do a fabulous job... but let's get real, the Oscar award discussion wouldn't even be an option if he were still alive. He did a great job, yes, but that isn't the type of movie or character that normally gets this award. They're just trying to be respectful... which I think ultimately just ends up looking tacky and shallow. He cannot appreciate the award now... it's too late. I think it should be given to a deserving, still alive actor in that category. Granted, Oscars are rarely given to those I think should have received them, so what do I know...?

I was surprised that the "darkness" of the movie wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it'd be from what people had been saying. Don't get me wrong, it was dark though. Overall, I'd say I want to see it again... not sure how often... and you don't want to see it if you can't watch a lot of violence, grossness, scary stuff, or freaky stuff. I will probably have some weird nightmares about it, I'm sure. But I'm very glad I saw it, and may go see it again before it leaves the theatre.

That's just my two cents...

No comments: