Friday, March 21, 2008

It's snowing...?!?! and other stuff

Where did the grass go?

Yesterday it was 50 degrees and sunny, today it is 30 degrees and snowing like crazy! It's hard to believe!!

On a fibro/life update: I've been in a lot of pain because I'm pushing myself so hard, but it's all worth it. We're having 21 members of Tim's family over on Sunday for Easter. I'm really excited, but also a bit stressed. It's been a while since we've had a large group of Tim's family over. I want to prove to them that I can still do this stuff. I love being hospitable and hosting parties. My body may not always love it, but mentally I love it. I'll let you know how it goes. In the meantime though, we have had lots of cleaning and preparing to do. The bending, lifting, moving, sorting, etc, is what does me in. Too much at once and I feel like I'm literally going to collapse. If I overdo it too much, I can tell because my body starts screaming at me so hard that if I don't sit down soon I really feel like I could pass out or die. It's a terrible and creepy feeling.

Yesterday I had my review at work with my boss. He is a really terrific boss and said some great things. It was very helpful. But halfway through I started not feeling well, and didn't feel right the rest of the night. I have no idea what it was but it was an odd feeling - sort of a light-headed, nauseous, fainting kind of feeling. Then later I wondered if I had a migraine coming on. We did manage to go grocery shopping and Tim was amazingly wonderful and helpful. I couldn't have done it without him!

Today I'm going to try my best to get a lot of cleaning done around the house. And hope that the snow doesn't turn out to be as bad as they're saying it could be. If it is, it may take Tim a long time to get home from work today, and we may have to miss our Good Friday services. But we're looking forward to Sunday with great anticipation!

No comments: