This was a challenging list today. I've been sick and also feeling pretty down-in-the-dumps. But, I did my best to think of some positive things today...
1) I like having cable, so I don't have to worry about the digital TV transition (which, in case you didn't know, has been delayed to June 12th so you have more time to make the switch if you haven't already!).
2) While being sick and spending days at home, I've enjoyed becoming more familiar with some TV shows during the day (sometimes just in the background while I work from the comfort of the recliner), and I have to admit how much I like the Ellen DeGeneres show. I do not agree with her lifestyle at all, but I have to say she is absolutely hysterical and has such fun & creative ideas for her show (and I'm sure she's got good help with that too).
3) I like Tuesday nights on TV... one of the best nights of television in my opinion (next to Mondays)... with NCIS, The Mentalist, and Without a Trace all on CBS. It's great!! (And I have to record The Biggest Loser on NBC at the same time.)
4) I like cough syrup with codeine. Boy... this cough was making my ability to sleep impossible. It was making me crazy. Codeine totally knocks me out and I really appreciate it. I don't like what it does to my system, but I'm thankful it always gives me more rest and helps my cough go away.
5) I like, no LOVE, the Spring-like 60 degree weather in Chicagoland today!!! It's beautiful, but it's also a bit mean and sneaky. Tomorrow back to 40s and then 30s after that. I could totally go for 60s til May. That would be fine by me. Or just all the time. Yeah. But... really when it comes down to it, I'm thankful for the weather and seasonal changes we have here and doubt I'd like it any other way. I grew up in the Midwest. This is where I'm supposed to be.
Pictures taken from:
1) DTV, 2) Ellen's show, 3) NCIS, 5) AccuWeather