Sunday, January 16, 2011

Football Mania

I'm sure I've mentioned before how much my husband loves sports. Basketball, baseball, hockey, and oh my goodness, the football.

Don't get me wrong, I love football. I grew up watching games with my dad and brother, and often going out to our huge side yard that we called our football field, and we'd toss the ball around for hours.

This year, playoff season arrived before I had time to blink or mentally prepare myself. I actually enjoy watching the Bears play most of the time, but I'm really only a fan of it being on Sunday afternoons. It just helps bring on the afternoon nap, so long as hubster's yelling at the TV doesn't jolt me back awake {which it often does, to my dismay}.

But I generally don't get into other teams where I am not as familiar with the players. Sometimes I pay attention to the Colts or the Steelers because I love people who love those teams, but overall it's just all about the Bears around here. I know some of the names, I love the city of Chicago, and I care about the players.

Tim in a Bears shirt hanging out with niece Cayley in a Colts hat. Oh the love :)
~ Thanksgiving 09

Enter playoff season when hubby wants to watch so many of the games... ohhhh meh. I struggle to put my selfishness aside and allow him to enjoy as many games as he wants to. It's challenging. But right now I am enjoying a relaxing afternoon of Bears football and hoping they win {and so far, they have a pretty good lead!}! Not just for all the fans or the team, but also because it means hubster will be a very happy man, and I really like to see him so happy!!! :)

Happy Playoffs!


1 comment:

Liz Mays said...

Aren't you thrilled they won? Woohoo!