Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Fall Things

A couple of weekends ago, I spent some time decorating our house for the Fall season - one of my favorite things to do all year!!








{I know the Doughboy napkin holder doesn't quite belong with the Fall decor, but it's a staple in our home/kitchen and I didn't want to move it! If you've been around here long, you know I have a serious love of the Doughboy!}


{Yes, that plant moves its way inside and out depending on overnight frost predictions. It was a plant from hubster's family for Grandpa's funeral, so it's really special and I don't want it to die, but I tend to kill indoor plants :(}. 

And of course, I love watching the change in the leaves! The timeframe between the same areas in the pics below is only a little over a week! It still amazes me sometimes how quickly the change occurs and then the leaves drop. So beautiful, so quick. Don't blink or you miss it.


 


The next pic is a bit dark but the tree is mostly still green except the upper right where just a portion of it is bright red. I love trees when they look just a bit sunkissed, but turn a bit more slowly.


Here's our front side tree from the front and back. It's disappearing fast and in the meantime filling our driveway with leaves, which I absolutely love. Walking and driving on the crunchy leaves is SO fun! I prefer that we wait to do the raking until they're really good, dead, and brown. For now it makes me smile to hear and see them, or to watch the neighbor watch me purposefully stomp, kick, or smoosh down the leaves just to hear them crunch or see them fly through the air.






Fall has always been my favorite season. I can't get enough of all the good things about it, but it always does pass by too quickly. I know not all of you live in areas that have Fall foliage, so I hope this helps give you some enjoyment to be able to see it all from a distance. For those who do live in Fall states, enjoy and soak up every moment of it that you can! Winter is going to come awfully fast.

And then... Christmas.

Arg, can't think of that yet!

3 comments:

Rachel Jones said...

Love the fall decor - so cute! Thanks for the reminder - I need to get mine out, I'm a little behind...
Oh and I always kill my indoor plants too - Joe tells me to stop buying them bc I always kill them :( but I like having them around. Need to learn the tricks or something!!

Sherah said...

Beautiful, Roe! (still can't believe I haven't been to your house yet!) :)

Rochelle said...

Thanks ladies! Rach - indeed, we plant killers need to stick together and find out some tricks to keep them alive when we forget to water them!! ;) Sher - for realz, I can't believe it either! We'll have to have you guys over very soon!