Thursday, April 5, 2012

Preparing for Easter


We are preparing ourselves for a memorable Easter -- and the first true holiday in over a year in which neither of us has been sick {fingers crossed...} -- by decorating the house, preparing our hearts, and sorting through how to make it ALSO a special birthday for Tim {on Saturday}.

We are excited to have Tim's local family {so about 18 in total -- and that's just those who can make it!} at our house on Easter Sunday. It'll be tight, but cozy and just nice to have us all together in our home, as we celebrate both the risen Savior and the birth of my beloved husband 35 years ago!
More about that to come....

I spent tonight with my dear friend Monica {after spontaneously ditching my initial plan of grocery shopping and errands} while her hubby worked late, and as I showed her the ideas on Pinterest I wanted to set into motion and the ways I wanted to bring my creativity to the forefront on Easter, she kindly reminded me to take it easy and not get too overwhelmed. To step back, re-evaluate, and think twice. Because I could end up regretting it later.

Because you know, I do tend to push past my limitations sometimes and make myself sick.

Yes, it's true. I admit it.

But I still want to do it, make it super special and creative, and throw myself a pity party in the meantime.... oh why oh why must I have THIS personality along with THIS illness?!?!?!?! Oh yes... grow my character or something like that. 


*sigh* 

Anyway, I am now ready {I think} to gear up for the weekend without going crazy.

We'll see if my goals pan out the way Monica has reminded me that they should when I'm standing in the grocery store staring at oodles of ideas and formulating plans in my head.

Oh dear, maybe I need to bring her with me....

But truly, I'm genuinely really looking forward to this weekend! Especially after such a special night with a dear friend!!!! Then sweet time with hubster and the family all weekend. And then I took Monday off to recover, and am spending the afternoon and evening with Monica again, which just makes it all that much more priceless.

I heart 4-day weekends. 


HAPPY EASTER friends!!!

CHRIST IS RISEN!



1 comment:

Liz Mays said...

No matter what you decide to do, I know your Easter and weekend will be amazing!