Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sick, sick, sick

Blargggg.

I have been fighting a nasty bug.

Totally attractive, right?!
I woke up many times on Saturday night at our friends house coughing, and I woke up Sunday morning with a sore throat. I was able to push through the day with just some mild symptoms. But as we drove the 3.5 hours home, I wondered if it was the beginnings of something I wasn't wanting.

Sure enough, I awoke Monday barely able to move or breathe and was still doing quite a bit of coughing. I felt like I'd been horse-whipped. I was so incredibly out of it I couldn't do anything. With hubster gone all day at work, I really didn't even eat anything, just drank a ton of hot tea. I stared at the TV all day at The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and restlessly wandered between the couch and recliner, in a complete daze and fog. It was brutal as the coughing, sniffing, blowing my nose, etc, also desperately flared up my Fibro. I couldn't see straight, couldn't think, got several texts that just looked like blurred words on the screen, ignored phone calls {because seriously you wouldn't want to have attempted to have a conversation with me that day - just ask my husband}.

Yesterday was a bit better. I was able to sit up a little, work some from home, respond to emails and texts with some normal use of my brain again, and even cooked us some spaghetti for dinner! I took it pretty easy though and still rested, but felt like I was ready to go back to work this morning.

Fail.

I even showered last night but despite the shortened getting ready process this morning, combined with the drive to work, I was completely tuckered out by the time I got there. By 10 am my thoughts were "uh oh". My job is very chaotic and after having not been in the office since last Thursday, I was swimming. And exhausted. I left at noon and have been resting well at home since then. Laid down and only got to a sitting up with laptop position after 5:30.

Yipes, this thing is seriously wearing on me. And you should hear me croak, I mean speak.

Ready to be over it. Ready for normal life again. Tired of being alone and lonely. Ready to not be so susceptible to getting sick. Looking soooo forward to heaven!!



1 comment:

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Hey girl! I've seen a few posts from you about being sick and came over to check on you! Are you feeling better yet???