Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Medicine Update

I've taken two doses of Lyrica so far, one on Sunday night and one last night. The results so far are okay. I'm not sure yet what to think because the side effects are not fun. It makes me incredibly drowsy (so I slept a lot yesterday at home and Tim drove me to/from work today). It also makes me feel sort of outside of my body and gives me slightly blurry vision. It also makes me feel a little dizzy and gives me dry mouth. It also gives me another annoying side effect but I will spare you the details on that one.
But on the flip side of that, it also helps subdue the pain a bit... not entirely, not a lot, but enough that it certainly helps make things more bearable. I'm still debating as to whether or not the benefits outweigh the frustrating side effects. Since this is just dose two, obviously I'm going to give it some more time. 
Hopefully I'll have a better grasp on it by the end of this week.
Thanks for your continued prayers on my behalf!

No comments: