Thursday, January 8, 2009

Love of Scrapbooking



I don't know if I've ever shared this with you before, but I have an immense love of scrapbooking. I haven't done it in a while though. Fibromyalgia slows your ability to tackle your ever-growing to-do list and makes the extra stuff seem all too much (even if it is fun). Sometimes just getting through the day is enough. My craft table is in our den in the basement, which adds to the challenge. And no, we don't have room for all that stuff upstairs. So alas, I just have to remember how much I love it and it relaxes me, and I'll get back around to it. Also one problem is I'm really backed up and keep a lot of our pictures on the computer now... so I need to print like hundreds of pictures - yikes!! But I hope to get around to it this year so that once we do have kids, I'm ready to work on their albums and I'm done with all the past years of ours.

Wishful thinking? Perhaps... but it's a goal anyway...

I am totally into Creative Memories - I'm a little obsessed with their style and products. Once you start with them and get addicted, it's pretty tough to be okay with much else. Their style meets my likes perfectly. I like getting stickers and some paper at local scrapbooking stores, but the albums and such are all definitely Creative Memories for me. And I finally have a new, super, terrific consultant I'm really excited about. I can't wait to have my first party with her!

Creative Memories now also has digital scrapbooking available. I'm excited about giving that a try for the first time too!

On my wish list for Christmas next year (yes, already) is the Cricut Expressions. If you've seen the TV infomercials, you know this thing rocks. It's certainly out of my budget, but one can wish, can't they?! Click here to see the TV special.

I'm sad that my favorite local scrapbooking store closed early last year. There's also the wonderful Archiver's somewhat closeby. Or there's always the ever-faithful, Christian based Hobby Lobby.

One of these days I'll put some pictures up here of some of my current albums. I've got a couple lined up or already in the works, and I am finally getting excited again about getting jump started on them. It helps to have such a super friend who is so into crafting - she has been teaching me to sew, general stuff about life and godliness, and helps inspire me to have more of an interest in crafting. Check out her blog here or her Etsy shop here.

And enjoy crafting!
(Photo (c) Creative Memories, www.creativememories.com)

No comments: