Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Things I Like Tuesday

1. I like funny conversations and being an auntie for 4 days with a 5 year old and a 2 1/2 year old... hearing them say "I love you" or "Aunt Shell, I gotta go potty" and then making a mad dash to their bathroom with me right behind... or them just breaking into song on a whim and singing "Jesus Loves Me" at the top of their little, adorable lungs... or hearing them say "you're mean" when I told them no or got them into trouble for disobeying... or being the first one to get up in the morning and have a chance to be the one to snuggle with them (the only time of the day at this age when they still want to snuggle!)... or listening to the little one babble and the older one shrug her shoulders, roll her eyes, and say "I don't know what she's saying".

2. I like rubbing noses with my nieces, tickling them, getting kisses from them, and lifting them into my arms (despite all the pain that entails). I fervently washed my hands all weekend and paid attention to what I was doing, but I'm still pretty sure I ended up with their colds. Oh well, it was worth it!

3. I like seeing them draw and write. They're in that cute, fun stage. Olivia is doing really well at it... Cayley just draws lines... but it's all worth being put up on auntie and uncle's frishurator. (yes, that's how Cayley says it) I like the adorable moments between the two girls when they are sweet to each other and Olivia does something nice for Cayley and she says "tank you livia!" Oooohhhh so cute!

4. I like playing in bed with my nieces, hiding under blankets and playing a slightly older version of peek-a-boo, and watching them get a kick out of tickling Uncle Tim and him tickling back. I like hearing Cayley pray at every meal in a quiet whisper... "God is good, God is great, let us thank him for this food..." and then she shouts "AMEN!" It makes you just want to reach across the table and hug her!

5. I like my nieces wanting to be with me every second... so much so that when I tell them no if they try to follow me into the bathroom or our bedroom to change, they cry and get really upset that they can't be with me. Awwwww.

6. I like being an aunt and all the fun and difficult pieces (like the multiple temper tantrums, lies and getting in trouble, etc) that come with it, but after 4 days I'm also glad to give them goodbye hugs and leave them with their parents.

7. I like that these girls are both my birth control and my reason for wanting kids so badly. :)

... Pictures to come later ...

No comments: