Friday, March 27, 2009

Fabulous Friday

Fabulous Friday was something I started a while back just to share links and funny pictures and to overall just help spread the wonderful cheer of Fridays!!

Well, today I have to admit I'm far from feeling fabulous.

I feel awful.

In so many ways.

My back is in excruciating pain. I couldn't sleep last night. I cried most of the evening. This morning my eyes are red and puffy. We had to make the difficult decision to cancel our weekend plans to go see my family. Stupid winter storm warnings. Ach!! And just when we thought winter was done rearing its ugly head. Today I'm deeply reminded of how much I hate late winter storms and how much I hate March! We'll be traveling next weekend instead, but not without some setbacks (not all plans will work out). It's probably for the best since a lot of family is sick, and I'm in so much pain I'm not sure I could tolerate a 5 1/2 hr car ride anyway.

But that doesn't mean my heart is breaking. That doesn't mean I feel any better about missing my family or missing out on my niece's 3rd birthday party.

Just as I was writing this, a dear friend came over and found some lovely ways to cheer me up, like plans to hang out tomorrow! I'm so happy to have something fun to do while staying around here for the weekend (I was not looking forward to being bored)!!

And another dear friend emailed me some fun, uplifting pictures to cheer me up.

Here's Tracie's daughter Eve (right) hanging with
my niece Cayley (left) at
Eve's brother Logan's 5th birthday party:

This one cracks me up. This is my brother with my niece Olivia,
also at Logan's birthday party. I love the look on Tim's face!! :)

Here's a funny picture of Tracie's husband Ben eating a
Burger King fry at Logan's 4th birthday
party a year ago.
This totally shows his personality.
I am 99% sure this was actually a posed picture
cuz he thought it'd be hilarious.
And it is.

So I guess now with that, I feel better about saying...

HAVE A FABULOUS FRIDAY!!
No matter your plans...
whether or not it turns out the way you wanted it to...
I hope you can make it a great one...
and I hope I can too!


Image credits: Tracie Means, Means Photography

1 comment:

Amanda Kimberley said...

I know what you mean about wanting to be somewhere, and it just doesn't happen. Please know that no matter what, life will happen the way God wants it to.

I sometimes wish I could be somewhere and it might not happen, but I know there is always tomorrow.