Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Weekend Update and Links

I had a great weekend with my dad in town visiting... we had great conversation, great food, and great fun. I was on cloud nine when he left because we rarely get to have such great conversations. It was mind-blowing.

But, given that I was so into our talk and didn't pay attention to the sun, I'm a bit sunburnt, my skin is tight and hot, and as a result... in a lot of pain. I'm not sure why this affected me so much, but it did (it also left my head tingling for quite a while). I still feel it was totally worth it though, for such a great time with my dad. Also, whenever someone is over for the weekend, I'm exhausted afterward when the adrenaline stops, leaving a severe flare-up for days. Ultimately, each time, it's worth it.

But today I have to admit that the pain and fatigue are wearing thin on me. I'm drained of so much energy and just want to lay down so badly. The pain is like a million knives pricking me all over from the inside and outside, making me just short of nearly screaming at any given moment. I'm trying to press on... be happy... leaning on God's strength... and trying not let it overtake me. But oh, it's so hard today!

I had a meeting last night that I was deeply looking forward to but was also pretty nervous about it. It didn't go at all how I thought it would. I honestly don't know what to think and will keep pondering over it before sharing my thoughts because I think I need to make my own conclusions on this one without other opinions. I'll keep you posted. {It was in regards to my weight loss. For more details, click here.}

Yesterday, a dear friend shared with me a link to the Invisible Disabilities Advocate. I'd never heard of this group before and was thrilled when she shared it with me. I haven't had much of a chance yet to really look at their site, but of what I've seen so far I really like it. There's also K-Love Radio's Interview with IDA (click on Invisible Pain/Chronic Illness), then the arrow key to play it. I still haven't even had a chance to hear it, but I'm sure I'm going to be encouraged & blessed by it!

I will need to post my "Things I Like Tuesday" list later. I have it typed out but don't have the pictures up yet, and will need to wait until I'm home tonight to get that done. Speaking of which, it's our niece's last basketball game of the season tonight. So actually, that post could be a day late... we'll see.

Hope this finds you all doing well and having a great St. Patrick's Day!! For more about this special day in history, click here.

No comments: