Those of you new to my blog, I started doing this thing called "Things I Like Tuesday" after my dear friend, Monica, over at Bolsa Chica started it... with the purpose of cheering ourselves up on otherwise bleak and yucky Tuesdays. She hates Tuesdays more than I do, but I loved the concept. It helps you get to know a bit more about me outside of just the Fibro, and it helps me focus on more positive things.
I'm still feeling really yucky so this TILT will be a bit shorter and no pictures (usually pictures are used to help spruce it up a bit). This virus has really hit me hard (i.e. nasty cold). I haven't been at work the past two days, and yesterday afternoon/evening was actually pretty frightening. I got to a point where I could barely move, stand up, or even change my clothes. I really needed a shower badly and that was REALLY scary. I waited until evening when Tim was home so I could call him if I needed him, but I tried to avoid it. I did need him to help me get dressed. (Oh the things we thought we wouldn't have to do have our spouses do for us until we were 80!) So needless to say, I'm really struggling with low energy levels, poor function, meager abilities to eat or sleep, and trying hard not to cough up a lung or blow my brains out (I mean into a kleenex...).
So with all that said, I'm super tired... so here's my attempt at a list...
1. I like my new doctor as of today's first appointment with her. She rocks. And I am SO thankful. I like her knowledge of Fibro and the hope that I'm feeling right now. I like that she's a solid Christian with the same core values as me. This is the first time that's ever happened. I like that she told me I just have a virus and she doesn't want to attempt putting me on any antibiotics. Bless you, dear lady. Antibiotics are not always my friends, even if sometimes they do ultimately help me feel better... they wreak havoc on the Fibro.
2. I like my husband's willingness to help at the drop of a hat and give his all for me. He must be so tired, waking up with me coughing, hacking, and blowing my nose out of my head. He ran errands for me last night, bought me supper (yummy Panera soup), and ran around like a chicken helping do things for me. You're so sweet, honey, I love you!
3. I like Oprah, The View, Home Improvement, A Baby Story, The Bonnie Hunt Show, The Ellen Show, The Doctors, Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Still Standing... all the way from 9 am to 7 pm I have plenty of things to chill out to on TV if I want, resting and trying to feel better while going in and out of sleep, and mindlessly needing nothing to do.
(No, I don't agree with everyone or everything said on those talk shows, but I like hearing different viewpoints.)
4. I like sleep, when it comes.
5. I like purifiers and humidifers which help me sleep (if it's super quiet, forget it, I cannot sleep). They don't work like magic and do it every time, but they do help, and they help me feel better overall.
This got longer than I expected and I'm totally wiped....