Saturday, December 19, 2009

Full Weekend Already

Does it happen to you too? You plan a relaxing, doing-nothing weekend in December, and it somehow manages to turn into chaos?

That's what's happening this weekend for me. It's been chaos. A very, very good chaos. I'm exhausted, sleep deprived, and in a ton of pain... and I wouldn't trade an ounce of it for the world.

Last night I spontaneously watched my 3 nieces and 1 nephew while Tim's bro and sis-in-law went out for the night. It was absolutely a privilege to watch them... they're all such great kids and I had fun! But the 6 week old nephew was a bit of a challenge as he's been colicky. We played around, he slept in my arms, I laughed with the girls, swung around with the 1 1/2 yr old {the other 2 girls are 11 and 9 and are awesome helpers!}, laughed a lot more, bounced the 6 wk old til I was blue and sweaty {okay, not quite blue, lol}, and tried to soak in every last second of joy screaming out from the uttermost parts of my heart.

Yes, it was exhausting. Yes, I wondered how people do this every day. Yes, I'm in oodles of pain. And yet, yes, I still very, very much want kids!

This morning we went and served at church for something that's too top-secret to mention yet, but I will sometime later! I followed that up with an incredible chiropractor visit... something I desperately needed and feel soooo amazing afterward! I then finished up a quick stop over to one of my favorite stores, L. L. Bean, for finishing up some Christmas shopping. Then back home for a late lunch, hours of wedding planning with my sis-in-law, and later relaxing and finishing up my Christmas cards.

I have to say that the laughing I had with my sis-in-law today was very badly needed, and I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Our work party on Thursday comes in a close second, but Kandy definitely takes the cake on this one. Laughed so hard I couldn't breathe and was in tears.

And hours later, we still have no idea what was so funny. We just needed it that badly!

Hope you're enjoying your last weekend before Christmas and aren't wearing yourself down too badly either!

No comments: