Sunday, February 14, 2010

An 'Off' Valentine's Day

We did things a little 'off' this year.


I asked Tim not to do anything special for me this year. I want any money he'd normally spend on flowers or chocolates to go instead toward stuff at the gym like personal training or nutritionist sessions. That's something I need more support and encouragement in, so I think this was a wise call.

We did go on a date night on Friday night and it was wonderful.* But I do have to admit, this all does make today feel weird. All we've been doing today has been housework in preparation for old college friends coming Mon morning to Tues morning. So really, it doesn't feel at all like Valentine's Day.

*We went out to eat at TGI Friday's which was super yummy and we used up some gift cards we got for Christmas from my Grandpa. Then we went to see The Blind Side finally. And oh wow, it did not disappoint! It was simply a.m.a.z.i.n.g!!!!

I did just make some brownies, and we're watching one of our favorite shows on DVD {Chuck}. The most important thing... I am with my honey. :)

Happy Valentine's Day All!!

No comments: