Monday, August 30, 2010

Menu Plan Monday




I think I've only done this once before, but in a quest to stay on top of our new budget as well as my 'diet', I decided I need some help getting into the menu-planning groove!

For me, that means just planning our dinners. Hubby doesn't eat breakfast, I eat breakfast at my desk at work {sorry, you will not get this non-morning gal out of bed any earlier than my existing 6:15 a.m., thankyouverymuch!}, and lunches are sandwiches, wraps, salads, eating out with coworkers, or microwavable meals--nothing exciting.

This will be a short week for me as I'm traveling this weekend, so I'll just give you Monday-Thursday this time.

Monday: Polish sausage, angel-hair pasta with herbs, corn on the cob

Tuesday: Penny dinner (recipe below), peas

Wednesday: Chicken quesedillas

Thursday: Ham steak, cheesy pasta, green beans

Penny dinner recipe, from my friend Annemarie:
8 hot dogs, sliced
6 medium potatoes (I chose red), peel/cube/boil
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 c. margarine
1 T. mustard
1 t. salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a 1 1/2 to 2 quart casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly around the edges.
I know, not super exciting this week, but hopefully I'll pick up speed and get more interesting as I do this....

Check out other menu-planning sites at Organizing Junkie!! To join in, just read her rules and link up! :)

No comments: