Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Parker Is One!

If you've been around here long, you know that a part of my heart now belongs to a little fella by the name of Parker.


He's the son of one of my nearest & dearest friends, Monica. Whom I quite simply adore.


I fell in love the moment I saw him. And the love grew and grew every minute I spent with him.


Our bond is unlike anything I've ever known. It goes beyond the explainable. I'm not related to him or to her. But I'm very involved in their lives. I'm the first person they call {or so I think anyways ;)} when they need a babysitter. I'm over at their house 1-3 times a week. They've allowed me in as a part of their family, and I'm eternally grateful. They don't have family in the area, so I've always considered it a joy and privilege to help out whenever and wherever I can.

And in the process, they've become family. We may not be blood-related, but the love and bond that I have with all of them is priceless.

Whenever I'm at their house, I know I'm at my 2nd house. Whenever I'm in their company, I feel totally at ease. Whenever I'm playing with Parker, I feel content and happy.

Whenever he cries, my heart breaks in two. Whenever he laughs or smiles at me, my heart totally melts into pieces.

Whenever he has a new first thing, I let out a big cheer along with them. His first rolling over, his first tooth, his first smile, his first time eating real food, his first time crawling, his first steps, and so on.

For a great mosiac of his first year, check out Monica's post today.



I've never bonded with any of my blood-related nieces or nephews in the same way I've bonded with Parker. I get to see him constantly. I've never had that with relatives. I know this is just one step closer to what I will feel like someday when we hopefully are able to have kids of our own, but for now, I'm soaking up every moment that I can with this fella.

I'm unbelievably thankful Brian & Monica put up with me so much that they've allowed me to be such a big part of their lives and Parker's.

It's beyond special.

Maybe it's a little bit of heaven here on earth.

Yeah, I think it must be.


Happy 1st Birthday Parker Thomas! You've stolen this crazy lady's heart forever.

No comments: