Monday, November 1, 2010

November... Really? - Random Thoughts

I can't believe it's already November. That just seems impossible. But whatever, let's roll with the punches. Halloween is over, Thanksgiving is coming, and Christmas is right around the corner. The air is crisp and cool, the breeze calming, and we even had our windows open during the day this weekend! I love this weather. 50s is uber terrific in my book. I'm excited for this season!.... Okay, I'm working on it. I'm a little dreading the impending winter, but I'm trying not to let it get me down!

-----

I am very, very, very sad yet another coworker friend of mine is moving away. She's quickly become one of my nearest and dearest friends. I'm in complete denial and refusing to let her go.

-----

I found out a couple weeks ago that my nutritionist left the fitness center I go to. I had no idea. She didn't tell me. I was really, really bummed for several days after I found out. I was hurt, offended, and confused. A 'soulmate' find of sorts when it comes to the nutrition world. She's even amazing at counseling and consoling me. We are like kindred spirits in a way. Really, I was devastated. Felt like I'd been punched in the stomach.

Then we chatted on Facebook a few days later, and she said some things that really made sense. I'm happy for her, just sad for me, ya know? {Same thing with the above mentioned friend.}

Somehow I have to find my own way now, and learn from everything she taught me. E-mail and Facebook just isn't the same, even though I am thankful I have ways to still stay in touch with her. Bless her heart, I'm so glad she'll still answer my nutrition/freaking-out-moment questions!

-----

On a similar note, I have some tough decisions to make soon regarding all the health-related, fitness and nutrition stuff. You guys are so great about praying for me, would you pray about this for me too? I am really conflicted and need some clear direction from the Lord to know what to do. Thanks, you guys are all super duper!! 

-----

Hubster and I had a delightfully wonderful and relaxing weekend. We hung out a lot, got stuff done around the house, went out on a date, and celebrated Halloween the way he likes to. By pretending it doesn't really exist and escaping the house so he doesn't have to deal with the whole trick-or-treating thing.


-----

I went shopping on Saturday. It's amazingly theraputic. Ran myself straight into an outdoor shopping center's Halloween fest. Soooo crowded! Contests, each store passing out candy, face painting, pumpkin carving, oodles of costumes on people and their dogs {that is so wrong but so cute}. In the midst of it all was a farmer's market where I got some delightful goodies including some apple cider donuts I shared with my coworkers today.

Got some new hand soap for our bathroom from Bath & Body Works {mmmm love their cucumber melon foaming hand soap, it's the bomb diggity}. Got some fun stuff at L. L. Bean including a new shirt for hubster {he wore it on our date and he looks super snazzy in it}, stocked up on my all-time favorite chapstick, got a new water bottle that I hate {but thought I'd love}, and a gift for my mom.

My mom's 60th birthday is coming up soon and we're traveling back to my hometown to throw her a party this next weekend {but it's not a surprise like my dad's was so I'll stay a little more sane in the planning}. I can't believe my parents turn 60 just a month apart, they could have planned it better, lol! My stepdad turned 70 in the middle of their two birthdays. Our second to youngest nephew turns 1 tomorrow. I cannot believe it. He has grown like a weed. More on that tomorrow. It's been a crazy season of celebrations for sure!

-----

It's amazing what shaving your legs, tweezing your eyebrows, cleaning your contacts, and cleaning & rearranging your nightstand and dresser can do for your self-esteem. I mean really, it's just insane how incredibly refreshed you feel when you get a chance to pay attention to yourself.

-----

I thought I'd brag on hubster a bit. :) I added a page to the above tabs called "About Hubster". Go ahead, learn about my better half and the best friend I have on planet earth. He's a pretty cool guy. I think I'll keep him around.

-----

We went to see Life As We Know It yesterday in the theatre. I'll try to post a real review of it soon, but the short end of it is: really. insanely. ridiculously. FUNNY. I was laughing soooo hard at one point I couldn't breathe and started snorting. And I didn't care. It was that funny. It was also incredibly touching and I was practically bawling toward the end.

-----

I had my annual physical last Friday morning. I loveeeee my doctor. She's amazing, godly, and fun. I'm still in awe sometimes that I've been blessed with her. I liked my previous doctor okay, but she left and they brought in this new lady. When I read the information brochure about her to see if I wanted to give her a try or go to a new doctor's office {cuz I knew I didn't like the other one in this same office}, she had good credentials, and then I saw that she attends a good, solid, Bible teaching church here. So I was intrigued and gave her a whirl. Best. decision. ever. And that was about a year and a half ago, but I'm just now realizing just how amazing she is. Really, she's extraordinary. She's knowledgeable on Fibro, is a strong Christian but is also really understanding like about my anxiety issues, and is very easygoing. Those of you with chronic illness know just how important your doctor becomes. It's a really big deal to me that my doctor is so great.

-----

My Fibro was awful last week. I don't know if I had the flu or not, but my Fibro was definitely freaking out. Glad that's over! This week seems to be {at least so far} much better! Indeed, I think it does help to be so relaxed and ready to dive in after a great weekend.

-----

I am sooo ready for tomorrow's election to be over with! Unending political ads on TV, so much mail, too many phone calls, and millions of dollars spent senselessly while trying to get our votes and it's all actually a major turn-off for me to even want to vote anymore. I used to be passionate about politics and making a difference. But don't worry, I'm voting, and I hope you are too!

-----

All my best to each of you! Hope this finds you all doing well! Thank you all for your recent comments, I can't tell you how much it means to me. Comments warm my heart like an ooey gooey fudgey brownie sundae. :)

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Hi there, I am so sorry to hear that you lost your nutritionist and now have a friend moving! I saw a nutritionist for several years and it was HARD when the time came for me to stand on my own two feet! Praying for you~health, decisions etc.