Thursday, November 4, 2010

Owl City - My Hope Is Found

I have come to simply love the sounds of Owl City.

There's something about Adam Young's voice, passion, humor, and honest struggles that grip my heart and put a smile on my face every time.

Whenever a Christian is so openly in the secular music world, a lot of Christians doubt their sincerity and salvation. We can't seem to help being doubtful because we're not sure their true heart. We've seen some people in that category get sucked in by the world, so we are skeptical. But as I've read more and more about Adam, I believe he's quite genuine in his faith.

Adam recently recorded his version of an older Christian song that I think he does really well. It's not my favorite version ever {Travis Cottrell and 8,000+ women at a Beth Moore/Living Proof Live event is truly where it's at}, but I think he does a great job at just whipping this up. Read the story behind it and hear it here. Then please come back and let me know what you think. Do you see the genuineness in his faith shine through?


Read more of my thoughts on Owl City and Christian music here.

No comments: