Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

I'm really thankful for the fathers in my life - my dad, my stepdad, my Grandpas, my brother, my brother in-laws, my dear guy friends who are excellent dads - and also for the guys in my life who are not dads, like hubster.

I'm thankful for the role hubster plays in my life, as the leader of our home, and as a terrific uncle to all of the nieces & nephews in his life, as well as other kids he runs into through church, friends, etc. He loves on them very well!

Even though hubster isn't a dad, I wanted to make sure he realized the special role he plays in life despite no kids. So I asked him what he wanted to do for Father's Day and of course his response was basically "nothing". When I made it clear that he got to choose anywhere he wanted for lunch today as a treat and thank you for the special role he plays, I was 99% sure I knew what his choice was going to be.

And I was right. Chipotle. One of my least favorites, but one of his favorites, and I was happy to see him so happy. :)

It's been a really good day, and I'm really thankful for Tim. I hope that someday he'll be a dad, and I know he'll be an incredible one.


And he's ridiculously cute to boot. :)

No comments: