Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Oh the Love of Pumpkins

One of my favorite things about Fall is the baking of things with apples and pumpkins. I don't always get around to it, but I love the idea of it!! ;) And I usually let someone else do it for me. ;)

I love a nearby cafe that makes the BEST pumpkin pancakes ever. Never really like them anywhere else, this place makes them perfectly, with just the right amount of pumpkin and nutmeg, mmmmm. Then there's the pumpkin shakes at Culvers, and the apple cobbler wherever you can get it. The apple cider donuts my friend Monica makes are amazing but sadly I missed them this season. *sigh* We haven't had a chance to go apple picking yet this year and aren't sure if we'll be able to.

So... I'm living vicariously right now through others and finding all kinds of wonderful recipes my mouth waters and we'll see if I get around to making them:

Pumpkin cheesecake

Pumpkin butterscotch muffins

Homemade pumpkin pancakes with apple topping

Pumpkin cream cheese muffins

Pull Apart Pumpkin Cinnamon Bread {looks soooo yummy, but I soooo don't have the patience for this!... Monica?!?!}

So then of course... I had to find this: 75 Recipes that taste like Fall

And this: Pumpkin round-up

YUMM!!! Are you trying any amazing new recipes this season? Please share!

1 comment:

Rachel Jones said...

I love all things pumpkin too - you should try the pumpkin bar recipe I posted. It's really good and not hard. Oh and o had a pumpkin shake at culvers last week - yum!!!