Sunday, January 30, 2011

Light Up the Sky & Blog Break

One of my favorite songs right now is Light Up the Sky by The Afters.

Last November when I was back home for my mom's birthday, there was a gorgeous night sky as the sun set over my Grandpa's house and backyard {er, field}. I snuck out and just stood there with my arms raised to the sky while this song played over and over in my head.

It was so perfect.

Beautiful.

Majestical.

Yes, this picture is from that exact moment, but it was over the entire sky! It was so colorful!

And now every time I hear this song and I'm able, I close my eyes and picture that scene. That moment of just me and God, where I felt God speaking to me so clearly.

It was so still and quiet. Just me, him, and the sky.

I still get a little choked up every time.

Letting it sink in that God is with me. No matter what.

And that special memory will forever be etched in my mind.

It was awesome.




----

As a part of our church's prayer emphasis week, and to renew my personal focus on quality time with the Lord... I'm taking a social networking break this week. No Facebook. No Twitter. No blogging. No cheating by checking my favorite blogs on iGoogle.

It's going to be super hard, but God is really challenging me and I feel I need to do this.

I love you guys, but I need a serious break. See you next week - blessings!!

4 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I'm not happy about this, but I think it's actually a wonderful thing. I'll miss you though!

Overseas Pharmacies said...

I believe that the best for you this good for all that we read your blog, just take care the fibro.

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Hey, Rochelle. I hope your social media break has been a blessing to you. I haven't made it over here in a while, and I'm seeing that you've had a rough time lately. So sorry to hear that, friend. I'll pray for you right now...for peace, for healing, for His hand on you and working through you.

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

P.S. I don't know if I could make it through a whole week without social media! ;)