Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Elevators & Thankfulness

The elevator in our office was broken for about 7 weeks.

Unfortunately the motor or something major broke and it was a huge expense. For a small company, these things can add up. It certainly wasn't an urgent matter because we don't have anyone in the company who requires an elevator.


I'm probably one of just a handful of people who are keeping track and really care. Like when our distribution manager (warehouse) has to lug 40 reams of paper up the stairs. Or when I need to distribute samples of our catalogs throughout the offices... usually on a cart for downstairs & upstairs.


You can't exactly push a cart up the stairs. 

Or on a day where my pain is through the roof, the last thing I wanted to do was go up and down the stairs 10 times.

Thankfully I have great coworkers who were willing to help with running errands, or if I saw a coworker whose office was near the person who needed something from me I asked them to drop it off. They all graciously agreed - it wasn't a huge deal.

My coworkers are amazing.

I make myself go up the stairs at least twice a day if not more, but it's the horrific pain days where that's just not feasible and I had to take it really slowly.

But last Monday it was finally fixed, holla!

As frustrating as it was, and as much as I avoided going downstairs just for the sake of my pain levels that day, I also found ways to be thankful for such an inconvenience. God used it to teach me more of leaning on him and remembering to not make a big deal out of the little stuff.



1 comment:

Liz Mays said...

So wonderful that you could give thanks and truly mean it!