Sunday, April 1, 2012

Early Welcome to Spring

This year's weather has been crazy! The winter was so mild, and Spring hit us early. In Chicagoland, the first warm day for breaking out the sandals was March 13th, wow!! That is super early for sandal-wearing weather! Since I HATE socks and shoes, this was my favorite part of the heat wave.


I knew it was coming so I even painted my toenails the weekend prior. :)

Then our croci, daffodils, and tulips started popping up and it was amazing! So early. It was technically a bit too early in my mind, but still who can complain, it's been fun!!



One of my favorite things about our house is our front tree. And every Spring it reminds me that if I have to stay in this house another year dealing with this commute, I can do it. There are things here to be thankful for, things that I do love about this home we've spent 8 1/2 years making memories in, things about this area that I cherish, and special things like our front tree that help me focus on the positives.

But I couldn't believe it came into full bloom one month earlier than ever before! It's a joy to see it, but come mid-April it's going to be weird to have it green instead of white!!



On Friday night March 16th, I was hanging out at my friend Brian & Monica's house after work where Parker was running hog wild in his diaper as he played in and out of their kiddie pool. We had a GREAT time and enjoyed the 80 degree temperature day!!



I mean really, isn't he just crazy cute?!?! 


"Shell, drink water?!" -

Parker said to me as he reached up with a fistful of water from the sprinkler to see if I'd drink it off his hand. Which I did. How can you resist that face?!


Nolan enjoyed the fresh breeze with us too upon waking up. Isn't he just precious?! Oh how I love that little face and sweet, quiet, laidback spirit!!!


Happy Early Spring, friends!!


1 comment:

Liz Mays said...

It's just so wild to think he was playing in the pool so early in the year! How fun is that?!

You certainly do have beauty by your place!