Sunday, June 17, 2012

On this... another hard Father's Day

I'm incredibly thankful for my husband -

- for the role he plays as an incredible uncle not just to his own 25 or so nieces & nephews, but also to my 2 nieces & 1 nephew.





- for the role he plays as the leader of our home & hopefully future family

- for the role he plays as an influencer & fun buddy to kids of our friends


- for the role he plays in random interactions with kids he doesn't even know


And let's just face it, he's a ton of fun no matter where he goes!!!


He may not be a father yet, but he has more impact on the lives of the little ones he interacts with than he even realizes.

I'm pretty sensitive to the fact that us not having kids means Tim hasn't gotten to be a daddy. I cannot wait to watch that happen!!

~~~

On another note - Happy Father's Day to all the great dads out there {a little late in the day but it still counts!}... but especially to MY dad - he's incredible and I'm so thankful for him! Love him to pieces!!


Also to my amazing brother - he's SUCH a great dad to those 3 precious kids of his! Here he is with his youngest back in September 2011 at our Grandpa's funeral...

...and his oldest two back in October 2011 on our family vacation.

 Also to my wonderful stepdad, Jerry. Thankful for him!


Also to my great father-in-law Lyle. I don't have pictures of him on this computer and don't have the energy to hunt down the files, but he is dearly missed. It's been 6 years since the Lord took him home. And we still feel his absence often, but especially on this day. 

And finally, a very special prayer and hugs go out to those of you reading this who aren't parents, have parents who have passed on, or struggle with these types of days for any reason. I understand, it's hard.



1 comment:

Liz Mays said...

I most certainly feel the loss of my dad on that day, but yet I'm warmed by all the memories.

You will both be wonderful parents when the day comes. :)