Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Medicine Update

Thanks for reading my Lyrica update last week. I wanted to quickly let you know that I'm doing so much better. I'm very thankful that I went off Lyrica... I feel like I have a little bit of my life back. How strange because I thought going on it would get me my life back! But unfortunately, it just made me way too drowsy and all I wanted to do was sleep allllll the time. I don't know if it's partially the weather... I always feel so alive and more vibrant when the weather is this grand (upper 60's/low 70's... my fav!)... or if it's entirely medicine-related, but I know for sure that I feel better now than I ever did on Lyrica.

I took an Aleve (12-hour NSAID) each day this weekend which did help I'm sure, but I stopped taking that on Monday and am still seemingly fine. I don't want you to misunderstand... I'm still in lots of pain, fatigue, and other things, but whenever you feel like you've got more energy and aren't having major flareups, it's a HUGE victory with fibro. I'm not sure how long it'll last, but I'm taking each day as it comes and trying not to get discouraged. God is so good!

I go to my doctor on Sept 25th for my regular physical. At that time I'll discuss with her some more options and where she thinks we should go from here.

I've been working on a really long, detailed post about this weekend, but before I'm able to send that out I thought I should give you a quick update. Thanks for listening, for your support, and for your prayers!

2 comments:

Future of Hope said...

Rochelle,
I am so glad that God is working in so many ways in your life. You have been such an encouragement to me!!!

Keep up the great attitude!

Anonymous said...

Roe,

I really enjoy reading all of your posts. I'm so thankful for the extra energy you have experienced the past few days. I pray that would continue. I love this weather too (it's my very favorite).

It was great to see you on Saturday! I can't wait to hear all about your weekend adventures and see some pics!! You are great at capturing the moment on film.

Take care and I look forward to reading the long post soon.

Julie