The below prayer is taken from the Presidential Prayer Team email/website:
Please, join me in praying for coastal Texas and Louisiana:
- For the storm to lose energy and move away from the coast
- For citizens in need—particularly the marginalized, the ill and the homeless—to have assistance and guidance as they evacuate
- For churches to step up and provide shelter, supplies and support when and where possible
- For the protection of all involved—for police, fire and emergency medical workers, for those responsible for utilities and transportation and everyday citizens seeking refuge
- For deaths, injuries and damage to be minimal
Please also note that September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month. This Saturday, September 13th, is National Children's Cancer Awareness Day. In honor of my little buddy, Joshua V, we will be putting gold balloons all over the outside of our house to mark this occasion. From my friend Julie...
The idea is to have everyone adorn gold balloons (as many as you want) to your mail boxes or other outside fixtures (the color gold represents all childhood cancers). When the day is over and you are taking down your balloons, put them in an envelope and mail them deflated to your local congressman or senator with a letter requesting that they raise funding even further on childhood cancer research. You can print a child's name on the balloon in honor of or in memory of. Please forward this to everyone you know, asking everyone to participate in honor & memory of the littlest soldiers to help spread throughout the United States.
After Saturday, please mail your balloons to the following, asking for more funds to be allocated to childhood cancer research: (again, please do not release the balloons):
Mail your deflated balloons to the three on the Appropriations Committee responsible for allocating funds for the Conquer Childhood Cancer Act:
- Murtha, John P. (D-PA) 2423 Rayburn HOB Washington, DC 20515 (202) 225-2065
- Young, C. W. Bill (R-FL) 2407 Rayburn HOB Washington, DC 20515 (202) 225-5961
- Inouye, Daniel K. (D-HI) 722 Hart Senate Office Building Washington, DC 20510 (202)224-3934
Thank you so much for helping raise awareness on childhood cancer.