Monday, January 19, 2009

A Much Needed Escape

Today I'm getting a badly needed escape and rest... sitting around the house, doing chores, and admittedly blogging... on my day off in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr Day. I'm so thankful we get this day off (which only started 1 or 2 years ago). It's a blessing in the midst of a nasty winter and freezing cold temps!

Today I need a chance to pretend my life is normal... to pretend I can do things just like normal. Today I won't be talking about my issues. Instead I'll be reliving the weekend and sharing some great pictures, while I watch a movie in the background....

Our niece, Carrissa's basketball game
Our niece Hayley's basketball game
Hanging out at Tim's brother and sister-in-law's house
and playing with 7 month old niece, Natalie
Oh how I love this kid
She's already got some teeth!!

Trying to coax Grandma to pass over her pizza

This expression cracks me up - looks a bit like the Pooh next to her

I love those big beautiful baby blues!

Attacking my foot and trying to eat it

Attempting to take the camera

Laughing at sis

Hanging with Grandma
Now on to Tim snowblowing our BACKYARD to make a path for our trailer, which was buried under like a half foot of snow and we needed to get it in case my brother needs it for his move...
I just love it; makes me giggle!!

I watched from the comfort of our bedroom at the back of our house

Our a/c buried under snow
Our wood pile buried under snow
Thank you for looking at all the pics from our weekend. I appreciate the chance to share them with you, but sorry it's a little long. I always have such a hard time choosing which pics to share!!

Take care all, and Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!!

No comments: