Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Things I Like Tuesday

Today's Things I Like Tuesday will be the second installment of things around my house that I like. (For the first one, click here.)

1. One of my favorite quotes... I have no idea who wrote it, but I just love it. Finding this sign was such a gift. I don't even remember where I got this from! But it hangs proudly in our hallway. In case you can't see it, it reads "Make time for the quiet moments as God whispers and the world is loud." Love it!

2. A very well written poem by my cousin, Mary, in loving memory of our Grandma, called "Words Left Unsaid" (perhaps I'll reprint the words entirely here sometime... I'm too tired right now as I'm writing this past 11 pm on Monday night!). Our aunt printed these out with pictures of Grandma and passed them out to us. I now keep it displayed on my dresser. I love it. Thank you Mary for this sweet poem, which provides daily memories of Grandma.

3. This mug rack that came with the house. If you aren't able to have a window above your sink to look out while washing dishes, I think this is just about the next best thing. I thought it was weird at first, but now it's one of my favorite things that came with the house.

4. When you enter our home from the front door, you have no doubt who we believe owns everything and everyone in this house, as this sticker is proudly displayed in our front door window. Thank you to our church for providing these one week in the bulletin several years ago!

5. I love this contraption. No clue what it's technically called, but it holds plastic wrap on the top rung, aluminum foil on the second, and paper towels on the third. The top two have those sharp edges that normally come with the boxes so you can tear them off. We bought this at K-Mart shortly after moving into this house. It was such a great find. I think every household needs one of these... it's marvelous!!

Have a terrific Tuesday!!

No comments: