Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Things I Like Tuesday

To those of you new to my blog, I wanted to explain a bit.... I started this blog mostly as a way to help get the word out about Fibromyalgia, and also a way to keep in touch with family & friends. However, I've noticed if all I do is talk about Fibro, I get tired of hearing myself talk... unsure of how it's coming across and whether it's complaining. I want to be careful to use my descriptions as a way to spread the word, and not just a means of complaint. This is tricky!

In figuring all of that out, I was lurking around other people's blogs, and I decided it'd be best to occasionally take my mind off Fibro, focus on something else positive, and have other creative outlets. I do like crafts, scrapbooking, photography, writing, sharing the gospel, and so on. I want to be honoring to the Lord in every aspect of how I handle my blog, whether sharing about Fibro, or being creative.

So, to help focus on the positives and give me a creative outlet, I'm following in the footsteps of my dear and lovely friend, Monica. She has a wonderful crafty blog called Bolsa Chica. Read her first "Things I Like Tuesday" post here and her reasoning behind starting these posts. Our reasons differ slightly, but you get the drift!

For today's post, I decided to focus on a theme of My Favorite Views. There are so many things to choose from, it was tough to decide. I love so many different views. But I wanted to keep the list narrowed down, so here are some of my latest or all-time favs.

1.
I think I've mentioned this before... but there's a time during the winter when the sun is rising just as I come over the hill toward our local mini (very mini) ski hill/country club. Whenever they're making snow during this time, and it's drifting up into the sky with the sun oozing beautiful pinks, purples, yellows, and blues behind it... it's breathtaking. It's hard to grab a great picture when you're driving! It's hard to describe too. It's one of those you just have to see. But there's just something gorgeous about it. There aren't many times during the year when you see it, but for as long as it lasts, it's one tiny part of winter that I really love. And one thing about where I live that I love.

2.
My workplace has these really cool slanted windows on one side. From the second floor you can look over the railing and see into 6 offices that don't have ceilings. The windows slant over them, providing lots of sunlight. I'm sure it's a bit annoying to those folks we peak in on (and yes, on rare occasion throw things at like rubber bands), but when I walk out of my cubicle (surrounded by walls, the nearest windows to really see much out of are these) and I get to see beautiful sights out of these windows, it brightens my day. The sunsets in the winter time are so beautiful from this standpoint. Otherwise normally we're gone before the sun sets. But during those shorter months, it's one more thing to look forward to... another view that I love.

3.
The bridge over the river in my hometown.

4.
Sheets blowing in the breeze on my Grandpa's farmland. There's just something so beautiful and peaceful about it.

5.
Our church. It was such a blessing, what a great story. I'll have to tell you that one sometime. It's such a great place to be... praising God and fellowshiping with people I love. Here's my mom & stepdad in front of our worship center just before last fall's 5k walk/run.

6.
Spring flowers. Bring on the tulips!!! I'm soooo ready to see these start popping up in my garden!

7.
This handsome face. I mean really, what's not to love?!

Also be sure to check out one of my all-time favorites at the bottom of this page.

HAPPY TUESDAY!

*All pictures were taken by me. Please do not reuse them without my permission. Thanks!*

No comments: