Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Things I Like Tuesday

I know it's been a while since I've joined in on the "Things I Like Tuesday" tradition my friend Monica (over at Bolsa Chica) started. It's nice to remember things I like and ways to keep a positive spin on life in the midst of some otherwise difficult days.

1) Family visiting from out-of-town: gosh, it's exhausting and yet soooo wonderful. Tim's half sister and her family visited from North Carolina and stayed for the weekend. It was so great to have someone helping me regularly with dishes, cooking, cleaning up, laundry, gardening, etc. She was so handy and helpful, willing to do whatever she could to help me... often reminding me to stay off my feet and not try to do too much. She really gets all the Fibro stuff, and I'm so appreciative. There were a couple of times I had to remind her that I can still do some stuff and that I don't have to be entirely sedentary, but all in all, it was a great time! I miss them already. Our house is quieter and more relaxing now, but it really wasn't bad to have them there. I hate that they are all the way in NC, but alas, I soaked in the moments that I did have with them.

2) Holidays: I think some holidays are a bit odd, but I love them all anyway and celebrate many of them. Independence Day is one of my favorites, with the fun excuse to see fireworks, celebrate our great nation & our wonderful freedoms, grill awesome food (we had some very yummy chicken, ribs, and corn on the cob with Tim's family... his brother Paul is getting quite skilled at the grill!!), playgames, take in a baseball game some years, and... did I say fireworks??

3) Friends: I've been so thankful even more lately for wonderful friends who teach me so much, make me laugh, help encourage me, and help me grow in my walk with the Lord. I have so many friends who are so giving and caring. I feel so blessed.

4) Books & Bibles: I'm very thankful these days for good books & Bibles that help keep me employed. Keep buying them at your local bookstores (if you're able to, of course)!! I'm so thankful God has blessed me with wonderful work and such a great Christian publisher to work for. Besides, I love to read and I've had even more of an excuse these last 8 years working here.

5) Church: I'm beyond words for how to describe the way I like/love my church. It is incredibly wonderful and truly amazing. We have some of what I'd say are the world's best pastors--so blunt, precise, preaching the truth of God's word without apology; so full of humility, wisdom, compassion, honesty, growth, discipleship--and some of my favorite people in this world attend there. I just can't imagine my life without such an amazing church. I feel so convicted all the time there, and am pursuing holiness and godliness in ways I never could have imagined as a kid.

Thank you Lord for all the ways in which you have blessed me!

2 comments:

georgia b. said...

great list, roe.

ARISTIONO NUGROHO said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.