Friday, August 14, 2009

One o' them ther' days

Have I ever mentioned how terrible I am at goodbyes?

Have I ever mentioned how sentimental and sappy I am?

Have I ever mentioned that I'm a total wimp when it comes to saying goodbye to coworkers? I've seen so many people come and go in the 8 years I've been there. And yet, it never gets any easier for me.

2 days ago I said goodbye to a dear former coworker who is moving away on the first leg of her journey to the missionary field. Today I said goodbye to a dear coworker who is moving back to California after her husband was here for 2 years getting his Master's.

It has been such a blessing to know both of these lovely ladies! I'm sad but also really excited for them and the next phases of their lives.

But I'm just gonna remain a bit sulky tonight.

And enjoy this picture...

{sigh}

Next week... goodbye to one of my dearest friends but at least she's not moving away (whew! thank you Lord for a little more time with her!) and then mere months after that I'm saying goodbye to another close friend from work.

So check in on me next January when all of my closest friends at work have moved on. I might not be doing too well.

But I will try. God has always shown & proved his faithfulness to me, and I'm not going to let it get me down...

...for long. I just need a moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's never easy when the Lord moves a good friend/co-worker on :( I will be saying good bye to one of my good friends from church in October. She's going to go back to California after two years here in NZ and I'm missing her already :(