Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Little Odd Facts About Me... Just for Fun

- I don't like crust/edges. Bread, pie, brownies, cake. Made worse with crust.

- I'm a total spice wimp. No, really. Everyone is always surprised by just how much I really mean this.

- I'm a perfectionist especially with party planning.

- I struggle deeply with trying to be a people pleaser.

- I didn't have allergies until I moved to Chicagoland.

- I got glasses in 4th grade and contacts in 5th grade. I have horrible eyesight. I wear gas permeable (hard) contacts. They are just such a joy. {sarcasm}

- I hate broccoli, brussel sprouts, liver, mushrooms, alcohol of any kind, and seafood {except fish}. I'm extremely picky and this is just a brief list. The one thing Tim has to cook for himself because it's too gross for me to touch or smell is refried beans.

- I've never smoked, drank, or done any drugs in my life. Unless you are one who thinks of caffeine as a drug. Then I have.

- My favorite foods are spaghetti and chocolate chip cookies. No, not together.

- I believe you kill a dessert by adding nuts to it. 

- My favorite color is purple.

- I'm a pack rat. Sorta. I've seen much worse. I'm more of a cluttered gal.

- I love movies. And TV. I'm such a sucker for it. We grew up hardly ever watching TV or movies, and I'm the total opposite now. I enjoy being whisked off to a pretend place and away from reality. I don't stay there. I just like going there.

- I love Christian fiction books. Ditto to the above of getting whisked away...


- I love Italian food and Chinese food. Yummo!

- I can sort of cook. I say that somewhat skeptically. I'm better at baking.

- After being in cheerleading for 5 years in junior high & high school {yes you read that right}, I can't help but still clap that way {like your hands are hitting brick walls at your shoulders and you don't go past there}. Hubster likes to unceasingly tease me for it.

- My favorite game growing up was playing Capture the Flag with my cousins, aunts, and uncles in the woods surrounding where we all lived.

- And last but not least, I played a marvelous musical instrument for 2 years in grade school. To this day I still wish I'd stuck with it. Little trombone, I miss you! But otherwise, am not musically inclined whatsoever. That doesn't keep me from singing at the top of my lungs or jamming to my favorite music when alone in the car though! :)

1 comment:

Liz Mays said...

I got glasses in 4th grade but I didn't get my contacts until 10th grade!

My daughter does that cheer clap too!