Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Things I Like Tuesday - Oops, it's Wednesday

Whoops! I forgot to do my "Things I Like Tuesday" edition yesterday!! For those of you new to the blog, this was initially started by my friend Monica, in order to cheer her up on her least favorite day of the work week. I thought it was a neat idea and figured it'd be a great way for me to focus on more positives than just the Fibromyalgia {back when that was mostly what I was blogging about}. So, without further ado....

1. I like the way ice looks on trees {I'd really rather it not come at all, but if it has to, I'm glad it is at least pretty to look at! :)}


From an ice storm in late December

2. I like getting to talk to old, really great friends {old as in how long we've known each other}. On an otherwise rough day, it's such a great stress relief to talk to someone you know and care about, and you know they feel the same about you... to laugh really hard, to talk about important stuff, and to know you can be yourself with them. Ahhh, what a joy.



This pic was taken with my good friend Christina {whom I had the great privilege of talking with last night for over an hour} before a college Powder Puff football game in late 1997
ohhh the memories this brings!

3. I like seeing old childhood friends in a new light. I hadn't seen these friends since they got married about 5 years ago. Now they are parents to three wonderful children, all 3 years old and younger {yipes! kudos to them!}. It was great to see my childhood friend Wendy as a mother {and a wonderful one to boot}. I just adore her and her family, and it was sooo nice to have lunch with them last week while they were on their missionary furlough in the states.



4. Have I not mentioned my obsession with certain TV shows? Oh well then, I must. I sure love me some good television, bring on the relaxation!! But okay, the last one there {Chuck} is a more recent obsession, and kind of ridiculous at that. But I can't help it. I loveeee it!! If you haven't watched it, you are missing out. It has action, comedy, drama, romance, and character. That is, Chuck. He is quite the character. There are certain things I could do without {as with pretty much any show these days}, but all in all, it's hilarious, romantic, fun, and action-packed. Chuck is my favorite TV character that I've seen in a while, and I hope this show is able to stick around for a bit {it just entered its third season in January}. It's easier when you just watch from the beginning so catch up here or the latest episodes here.



Friends seasons 6-10 were Christmas gifts from Tim, The Unit was a Christmas gift for Tim from me, and Chuck we got for ourselves a while back... now we just need to get on the ball and buy season 2... if only our DVD player & DVR would work again! They are BOTH acting up, grrrr.

5. I like brownies. And bagels. My diet doesn't like them, but I do. :) A coworker's wife, Kathy, makes THE BEST BROWNIES EVER! She taught me her tricks even. I tried. Um, no, they didn't turn out the same. I think she just adds a special touch of love to hers. They are simply amazing.


These were from our department's going away party for our dear friend and coworker Sherah... who should be popping out a baby any day now. :)

Happy Tuesday Wednesday friends!!

1 comment:

Christina T said...

I think it is a great idea to think about things that you like or things that make you happy. Today I like sunshine. After days of fog, rain, or snow it is so pretty outside today. How is it in your neck of the woods?

I really enjoyed talking to you yesterday too! Your friendship is special to me.

Those brownies look tempting. Chocolate is actually good for us. The problem is that once we take a bite it is difficult to stop!