Wednesday, May 12, 2010

National Fibromyalgia Awareness Day

In the past I've been very involved with this day and creating awareness on my blog, and helping with other blogs.

This year, I got the date wrong. The National Fibromyalgia Assocation was promoting an event in CA for May 15th. And somehow I got it stuck in my head that was the date.

Oops.

It's actually today and I'm not prepared with any posts, any collaboration with other people, nor do I have the time or energy right now to go about it. Arghhh.

But then I remembered that Fibromyalgia awareness is a big part of what I try to do somewhat regularly around here.

So instead of smacking myself on the head, I'll just share with you a previous post on 30 Things About My Invisible Illness You May Not Know. I just ask that you link to me from your own blogs to help us spread the word about Fibromyalgia {and let me know in the comments if you did, please}. Thanks!

I also wanted to share with you this great post today about Fibro and her experience. I really appreciated this perspective!

And to my fellow Fibromites: know that you are LOVED! I appreciate you and this community we've built sooo very much. All my best to you as you fight this Fibro bear. I pray that we will all have better days, and that whether we are healed fully here on earth or not, may we always find ways to give God the glory!

2 comments:

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Many hugs, Rochelle. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a day late, but please know that I'm thinking of you and your journey with Fibro. I don't have Fibro, but I do have MS and can understand many of the struggles you go through each day. (Remembering dates is one of them for me!) LOL