Saturday, March 19, 2011

Time Change Agony

I grew up on a farm. Many in my family are still farmers.

So I appreciate the need for Daylight Saving Time.

But ughhh, that doesn't mean I have to like it! My body sure doesn't. This time change stuff always wreaks havoc on me, and I'm not sure what to do with it. This is something I just never quite get used to with the Fibro.

The first few days of this week I found myself depressed, subdued, severely fatigued, moody, sad, feeling like I'm in a dark hole, excruciating pain, sleeplessness, restlessness, and just ho-hum.

Gah!!

Thankfully I got over the worst of it midway through the week, but I'm still feeling the repercussions. I know it's not just those of us with chronic illnesses who get thrown off by it though. So at least we drag through the week knowing we aren't alone as we're falling over at our desks just trying to keep our eyes open!

How are you all holding up? Anything special that you do to try to alleviate the fatigue and frustrations?

1 comment:

Kayren said...

Once I had kids the time change was always a mess. Now that they are older it doesn't matter quite as much. I just have to remember in the spring so that I make it to teach Sunday school on time!

I used to love the one in the fall when I got the extra hour of sleep, but like I said, once the kids came along it's almost like it made us lose an hour or more.

I don't have the health issues that you do so it doesn't affect me like it does you. It just gets dark later, and then in the middle of summer it's almost 10 before it gets dark up here. We are on the edge of the eastern time zone.

Maybe if you still have winter hanging on like we do (I know you're in Chicago area but I'm not sure if you're getting the weather like we are up here) it's affecting your mood some as well as the time change. Spring is a long time coming!