Monday, April 4, 2011

Fibromyalgia & Dry Mouth

I have horrible dry mouth.

I'm not sure if it's a result of medication or Fibromyalgia. All I know is that it's incredibly annoying. And sometimes embarrassing.

It means I chew gum. A lot.

And I don't always realize when I'm chewing it inappropriately or chomping on it too hard unless my jaw starts to hurt.

As a speech communication major, I'm well aware of how poor gum chewing habits can affect the way people view you, especially if you are up close and personal. Or sitting next to them in church.

Or meeting someone important.


Like when I met Pastor Mark Driscoll twice this weekend. And realized too late that both times I was busily chewing my gum as I was talking to him.

How nice. I think I'll go hide in my hole now.



No comments: