Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hard Stuff

Right before we went away and while we were gone:

* My dad was in a car accident

* One of my best friends Tracie was in a car accident


     ** Both their cars were totaled but we are so thankful everyone's okay!!

* A blog friend's hubby was diagnosed with a difficult genetic heart disease. It is often called a "silent killer", but there's hope! Please pray for Amber, her husband Josh, & the family! And send some love their way on her blog.

* A blog friend was diagnosed with breast cancer. Please pray for Kayren and her family, and send her some blog love too!

     ** I love both of these ladies so much! I've never met them, but I care deeply about them and their lives. I couldn't help but share in their heartbreak and ask you, my friends, to join us in prayer.

* Tough stuff. Divorces. Depression. People leaving. Illness. Difficult family situations.

* My own health stuff. Additional Fibro issues. Spent the past few days wishing Fibro away.


I had to really think and pray before writing this post because I don't want it to sound as if we think these problems are anything new, anything surprising to God, anything we can't handle with God's help, or that any of this is tougher than so many other things people are facing.

In the midst of all of the trial and tragedy surrounding us here, I read a blog yesterday that stopped me cold in my tracks. No matter what you are facing, this puts a very real face to it all.

I'm reminded in all of this of just how much God loves and cares for us. He holds the world in the palm of his hands. We are extremely valuable in his sight. I don't know about you, but that calms my soul like nothing else.


Matthew 10:29-31
"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."



1 comment:

Christina T said...

I'm so glad your dad and Tracie are okay! Sometimes it does seem like when it rains, it pours. It is good that you are focusing on blessings and the positive things as much as you can.