Saturday, May 21, 2011

Missing Family

Today I received a couple of emails from family that reminded me of how much I love & miss them!

Here's my mom, niece Cayley, and niece Olivia all surrounding my new nephew Joshua. I absolutely cannot wait to meet Joshua and see the others next weekend!!!


My beloved Grandma {mom's mom} passed away a little over 3 years ago. Just this past Winter my Grandpa started staying at the local nursing home after cataract surgery so he'd have some help putting his drops in. It ended up working out so well that it's his new home. He's 91 and has some dementia, but is still pretty healthy and doing well. He's very social and loves interacting with all his new friends at the home! And everyone else loves him too! In fact he was recently crowned King at a special ceremony! He was so touched he cried. I love my Grandpa so much and am so proud of him!!


Grandpa with Aunt Robin {left} and mom {right}

I am really looking forward to our trip back to my hometown next weekend. But I have to admit, it's hard. Just getting back from CA, having so much going on, and it being Memorial Day weekend... it's going to be hard to travel, we generally would rather stay here. But we're excited for time with family and special time with my nephew! Tim has some special work stuff going on next weekend though, so we have to come back separately, which will be weird. :(

We are really enjoying this weekend so far, and spent much of the day cleaning and organizing. It's been a great feeling and pretty nice weather! Hope you've all had a wonderful Saturday!

No comments: