Friday, May 20, 2011

Spontaneity

Sometimes you just have to roll with the punches.

And I love spontaneity for all kinds of reasons. Especially with the Fibro since planning can be hard. You never know when you're going to have a good day or a bad day.

Today was a pretty good day. I've been working late every night this week, but tonight I got out of there as soon as I could {still 20 minutes late, but better than it's been the rest of the week!}. I'd been pretty exhausted {and happy - trust me, I love love love my job!!}, but was still just feeling the vibe that I wanted to do something.

My dear friend Monica's son Parker {whom you all have come to love too if you've been around here long!} :) was sick the past couple of days with a nasty flu bug :( and fever. I've seen them the past 4 days and I love it, even though 2 of those times were really short. I love the spontaneity our relationship thrives on and how they have such a great open door policy which I absolutely love.

Needless to say, I sprung in on them after work tonight, and found Parker feeling much better, but was still a little 'off'. Which meant good snuggle time with him! I don't know for how long he snuggled with me, but it was definitely longer than it's been in quite some time!! I can't believe he's going to be 2 in just a few months. And he looks 4. And wears 4T clothing. What a kid!

For my sake, please pretend not to notice how fat I look here... hard to crop it & still get the same effect. So just look at the cute, snuggly kid! ;) 

I had an enjoyable chat with Monica, a great lunch today with my coworker Crystal earlier in the day, and fun conversation and projects at work that kept me energized and enjoying life! Despite the not-so-fun annual female check-up doctor appt this morning, and the "so, you're still trying to get pregnant, huh?!" greeting she gave me so kindly as she walked in the door... it went pretty well. I'm thankful to have it over with though, it's the appt I most dread every year as I'm sure all you females do as well, to the point I couldn't sleep well the past two nights. There's been some cause for concern related to... female stuff... and it was really good to learn that there's not a need to be concerned by what was happening. {Sorry if this is TMI!} Anyway, I'm glad it's over and all is well, and I had some helpful answers to some questions I'd been having. We also had a good chat about the not trying/trying situation we're in. Overall I feel pretty good about it.

But still, female doctor appts are never fun and ruin a smidgen of your day. Because well, you know. Mehhhh.

So back to this spontaneity thing and away with this TMI thing... hubster and I totally ended up having a wonderful spontaneous evening to ourselves. Since I'd prolonged my going home by hanging at my friends, I was able to time it perfectly so that I was heading into the mall {there's one about halfway between my work and home, and it ends up being mostly on hubster's way too} at the same time he did. So I surprised him and joined up with him in his quest to find new tennis shoes before his trial 5K run bright & early tomorrow morning, and the real 5K run on June 4th. We tried a store that was sorely disappointing, then we did some mall strolling {one of hubster's least favorite activities, God bless him} and tried some other stores.

The tennis shoe mission failed. :(

But I got some cool dress sandals out of the deal! :)

And... pretend not to notice how badly I need a pedicure!

Then we spontaneously grabbed some dinner at the food court {actually quite yummy!} and headed upstairs to their surprisingly gigantic theatre where we saw Something Borrowed {cute, hilarious, and a bit weird, but overall I enjoyed it}. I'm glad Tim could be talked into seeing a romantic comedy with me, because the rest of the summer will be full of us going to see the big blockbuster action movies like Pirates of the Caribbean, Transformers 3, X-Men: First Class, The Green Lantern, and Jerusalem Countdown. So I had to get my pick in while I could! {Granted, I'm excited about several of those movies, but still, I need my romcoms too!}

It was a good evening. Now that we've unwound ourselves from the large Cherry Coke we drank up until about 9:30 p.m., we will try to go to bed for our early rising tomorrow! Good night & happy weekending peeps! :)

No comments: