Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cousin Reunion

I have such terrific cousins and am so thankful to have spent today with them!!!! Some of these people I haven't seen in more than 10 years, or spent much time with in 15-20 years {longggg story}. Thankfully we've had Facebook to keep us in touch more recently, but we all really needed this day to reconnect face-to-face! It was a truly blessed day. I did most of the organizing, but could not have done it without the help of my husband, dad, and brother, as well as everyone chipping in the food for the potluck.

We had a torrential downpour as we started setting up at the park shelter, so we gave that up, did some scrambling, and thankfully last minute found a hotel meeting room that we could use (whew!!). We are so thankful, and it turned out so great.


And now... for lots of sleep!! We've been building up to this for the past year or so, and now that the adrenaline is wearing off my body, I am sure to have a Fibro flare-up but it was worth every single second.

No comments: