Saturday, September 1, 2012

September 1st

 
It's amazing & exciting to me that it's September 1st!

We are now entering Fall, and despite that I still feel miserable, I'm really excited about it being September and the official kick-off to all of my favorites. I'm determined to make the most of it and make every moment count in Fall 2012!!

I'm so excited about everything that comes with Fall - apple picking, pumpkins, going to random farms to walk around and see the sights & smells of the season, aromas in the house as I bake apple and pumpkin deliciousness, drinking apple cider, decorating the house for Fall, watching the leaves change and purposefully driving around to see the gorgeous beauty of God's creation, pulling out the light jackets, the rain and the smell in the air, the crunch of the leaves under your feet {which started two weeks ago in our driveway--see above picture--still cannot believe this!}, drinking Starbucks peppermint hot chocolate in increasing levels, S'mores and fires, the cooler temperatures, the premieres of Fall television shows, and the list could go on and on!!

The only things I don't like are the lessening hours of daylight and the impending long, cold Winter that comes afterward. I love Winter but by February I'm done.
 

What are you most looking forward to about the upcoming months wherever you're at?


2 comments:

phonelady said...

that it is closer to my time to move away and start anew somewhere else which is okay with me cause Im leaving snow and ice behind LOL .

Rachel Jones said...

Yay!!! I'm excited for all of these too!!
Had a pumpkin spice latte last night and it really got me in the fall spirit!!