Friday, February 15, 2013

20 Week Update

I can't believe I'm 20.5 weeks {4.5 months}. Halfway there. So incredible!!



Before I get into the nitty-gritty stuff, let me do a more thorough update since I haven't been able to do as much blogging lately. {Had just a few things going on. ;)}

- Bloodwork came back completely normal from labs a couple weeks ago

- Level 2/gender ultrasound is early next week {will post on here after family & friends are told}

- Preeclampsyia early testing came back completely fine, no concerns at this point

- Taking weekly pictures but they're all still stuck on the camera for now

- Can't sleep most nights; horrible pain {though this has gotten much better with regular chiropractic treatments over the past two weeks}

- So exhausted; never imagined a person could be this fatigued. Fibromyalgia's chronic fatigue aspect definitely doesn't mix well with growing a little human being.

- Pulled a muscle in my side/middle back from sneezing too hard {who knew?!} two weeks ago, and have been in a lot of pain since {excruciating pain those first couple days}. I had no idea a pulled muscle could leave you nearly passing out in pain. I've pulled muscles before, but this was beyond compare. Apparently pulling them right around your ribs is not advised. Yeah, I can vouch for that... yowsa!!

- Hubster has continued to be completely amazing and unreal in his willingness to help me. I'm baffled by his sacrifice and generosity every.single.day. Not to say that he's not tired or worn out too, or that he doesn't get frustrated by the shift in our lives and what he's having to do... or that we don't have lots of little spats... but overall he's been just really wonderful.

- My feelings of being really overwhelmed now come in waves. I guess it depends more on the day and how I'm feeling emotionally. I was doing pretty well for a bit, but toward the end of this week hit another phase of feeling like there's no way I can get everything done. Can't check things off the to-do list fast enough. Don't even have time to make a to-do list. My job has me so run-amuk these days that I have a hard time focusing on much beyond that without my brain being fried or without me just snapping. Praying a lot for wisdom, discernment, and peace/calm.

- Researching vaccines. Bleh. That is not a fun topic. I know everyone has their opinions, but man alive, it's tough to sort through all the stuff to figure out your own opinion and what's going to be best for your family.

- Exercise is frustrating me. I really, really want to walk outside so while I don't want to rush things along too much, I really am ready for spring. It was 5 degrees here week before last. I normally love the cold and winter. But this year I'm over it. Yeah, bring on the spring.

So here you go now with the nitty-gritty update of stuff I just know you are dying to know:

How far along? 20 Weeks
Maternity clothes? Yes. Struggle with maternity clothes. so. much. Really wish it wasn't that way, but I'm a special size so the only way to get what I need is having to go to a specialty store and paying too much. I try to find sales and do what I can but I haven't had much luck. It's discouraging, but I'm trying to find the joy in all of it nonetheless. 
Stretch marks? Yes. I'm overweight so... yeah, I had those before I got pregnant. Used to it, call me crazy but it doesn't bother me. It's just part of my body. 
Sleep: What's that? I hear I'm never really going to sleep again. Fibro. Pregnancy. Growing a baby. After I have baby. Yeah....
Best moment this week: So glad my dad came for a visit this past weekend!! It was nice to share some time with him and talk through baby stuff.
Miss Anything? Being able to breathe. I've always had a stuffy nose and allergies, but it has gotten way worse since pregnancy. I cannot breathe out of my nose. at. all. 
Movement: Yes! Such a neat feeling. Not always sure if it's somersaults, wiggling around, or actual kicks - but I'll take it! So fun. And yeah... weird.
Food cravings: I could eat bacon, Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs cereal, mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, chips, chocolate chip cookies, fruit, or pizza, and drink Starbucks peppermint hot chocolate constantly.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No but I hate the smell of gasoline, hairspray, and our garbage more than I could ever have thought. Eww. My sense of smell is sooo hightened. But no I haven't been queasy or sick at all. Just have to hold my nose a lot or circulate the air in my car when I'm driving behind diesel trucks.
Have you started to show yet: Yes. Kind of. It's harder to tell when you're overweight so in some ways I think I look like I just have a "beer gut" of sorts, but several of my closest friends are excited and tell me that I have a nice baby bump! {The pic above is my most flattering one because of how the shirt nicely pulls out away from me.} My belly is getting tighter too so that's a cool sign. Since the doc says my uterus is higher than usual, I do think this also shifts how I look instead of being "normal". Trying to relax and just take it all in stride. Don't get me wrong, I love it, it's just an awkward stage and yes, I've heard comments. People are mean.
Gender prediction: Girl {will know soon!}
Belly Button in or out? In, but looking very strange
Wedding rings on or off? On, but getting tighter
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. Tired. Irritable. Trying to be joyful. Feeling guilty if I'm not happy 90% of the time. I waited a long time for this - there's a bit of pressure to be constantly jumping for joy. I am truly happy, just... exhausted, fatigued, moody, and questioning my sanity at the moment. 
Looking forward to: Getting the floor put in the baby room done so we can move furniture in and our house won't be in such disarray.
Not loving: Back pain, hip pain, tailbone pain, crushing fatigue. Oy. 
Total weight gain: Only 3 pounds according to the doc, but according to my scale at home this morning, I'm at my original pre-pregnancy weight. So, doing good. Not supposed to gain much.



A dear friend shared this great childbirth article with me that has helped soooo much in teaching me to let go of my fear of giving birth. I can't even begin to describe the huge blessing this has been!

3 comments:

Carol said...

You look wonderfully pregnant and so very happy. I checked earlier today to see if you had updated, glad I did again tonight. Sounds like God is blessing you with a good pregnancy. I'm so glad.

Rachel Jones said...

yay!! love the update. you look great! I was thinking girl too - can't wait to find out boy or girl!!

Vikki G said...

Been away from blogging and reading everyone's for a while...only to return this evening and read your happy news. Congrats!