Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is a new day, and I hope I can accomplish more than I did today... especially given the migraine headache that continued into today from yesterday, the sinus infection or whatever it is that I've been fighting for 3 weeks, and given that I'm really tired.

Do you ever look back on a day and just think... "what in the world did I do today... how did I get to where I am now...?" Like everything you did was like you were sleep-walking or just acting out a part in a play... like it wasn't real life and it went by so fast you aren't quite sure you really did anything at all. And certainly nothing of significance. Today was one of those days for me.

The one thing that stands out for me from today was a message I listened to over lunch. I often sit in my car while eating my lunch and I listen to a message from my pastor on his radio program (to listen click here). Today's message was about forgiveness and not harboring resentment. I have a lot of things that I let get in the way of life, and resentment is something I struggle with. It was a powerful message and one that really ministered to my heart, right where I was at today.

God always knows what we need to hear and when we need to hear it. The question always remains, will we take heed and listen? Will we follow through with the convictions or will we let it go in one ear and out the other?

I am trying to learn more and more just what it means to seize the day, seize each opportunity. Friday night after learning of Tony's death, I immediately drove over to see my husband's grandma. After my grandma died just a few days before Christmas, his grandma is now the only one we have left (as far as grandma's go... she's the last of all of his grandparents and I just have my grandpa's left now). So I decided I had to go see her, and I really felt God laying her on my heart. We had a wonderful, precious hour together. Then on Saturday we made sure we called Tony's family, and on Sunday we spent a couple of hours with them after having lunch with Tim's mom and sister (thanks guys--that was fun! thanks also for coming over to join us on our campus for church--it was good to share that with you! :)). The Lord is really teaching us some things. We can get so easily caught up in our own lives (which sadly often revolves around being a bit lazy... we both have very long commutes so by the time we get home, we are beat and don't want to do much). We tend to let the most important things in life slide by.

Hopefully we are learning things AND putting them into action. Sometimes it can be a little overwhelming... the reality of life and all that we need to work on to become better people so we can build up God's Kingdom.

I have no idea if this makes any sense but it's late and I really need to get to bed. I'll edit it tomorrow. :)

No comments: