Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Feeling guilty

Today I'm feeling guilty. My heart has been heavy and riddled with anxiety and panic over all the things I have to do in the coming days. I'm excited about mom's wedding, know that Nana's funeral will be a blessing and a good time of reminiscing, and I'm thrilled to be going on vacation... but to get to all those things, I am currently in a state of sheer panic.

There just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to get it all done. And yet, God gave us the time that he did for a specific reason and purpose... who am I to doubt him? I pray for the strength and endurance needed for me and for those in both sides of the family as it comes down to the wire on these two events. I pray for each event to be a blessing and enjoyment.

Oh God, forgive me for my doubt, worry, anxiety, and panic. Fill me anew with your Spirit and wash me clean. Give me peace during this great time in my life, when I'm blessed to be around so many dear friends and family members. Be with everyone involved in both events, safety on the road and in the air, and for it to be a stress-free and worry-free time when we can remember and celebrate You as well as the ones around us whom we so dearly love.

Isaiah 64:8 (ESV) "But now, O Lord, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are the work of your hand."

God, continue to mold me and shape me into who you want me to be.

No comments: