Friday, July 24, 2009

What Fibromyalgia Feels Like to Me Today

Some people have asked me to start describing a bit more what Fibro feels like to me each day... because of course with Fibro every day can be different and you never know what to expect, and as such neither do those closest to you. So first, understand that this is not me complaining (or at least not meaning to), just describing it to you to help you understand it a bit more. I'm not sure how often I will do this, but for now... here's today's:

Today I feel like I have the flu, even though I know I don't (trust me, I can tell the difference).

Today I feel like my entire body is on fire.

Today I feel like someone put a ton of bricks in the middle of my back.

Today I feel like my eyes are playing tricks on me, burning, twitching, and doing weird, unexplainable things.

Today the muscle spasms are too much to handle.

Today I had to take my rings and watch off; they were hurting/irritating too much.

Today I wonder if I will be able to get through everything I need to do today.

Today I feel like someone stepped on my brain and isn't letting me think clearly... like I'm walking around in a fog.

Today I feel anxious and depressed.

Today I feel like all the nerve endings on my fingers are shot. Makes for interesting typing and editing.

1 comment:

Kayren said...

Wow...can't even imagine really. Thanks for sharing with us.