Friday, August 21, 2009

Farewell, Dear Friend, But Hope to See You Often!

Today I say farewell to another dear friend at work. {Sigh} It really never does get any easier after 8+ years of doing this.....

I'm so thankful for Monica, our friendship, the laughs, the praying together, the camaraderie, the counseling she gives me, her godliness, her spunk, and her sweet spirit. We've shared a lot of memories these past 2 years, and I look forward to many more!
{Monica: the best of which still stands out to me is the "I have a kasnoodle in my noodle!" comment you made when you were having nasal issues. ;) I think I was laughing for like a week straight!}

The bummer is not getting to see her & interact with her daily. But aside from that, she's still closeby and I'll still get to see her lots. I'm so thankful for that. And even if I couldn't, I'm still just so thankful for these past 2 years. God knew I needed her (and hopefully vice versa)!!!

At this point in her life, maybe days or yet weeks away from having her first child, I could not be more thrilled for her. I'm so excited to see this next phase of her life, and I'm very thankful for all the things I've learned from her baby- and pregnancy-wise. I will miss her dearly, but am super excited to meet her baby, love on her & her baby, and pretend to be "auntie" to a not-related-to-me child. :) I love this girl!!!

Monica: please don't kill me for sharing all of these. :) Love you dear, sweet, wonderful friend!!!! I will miss you lots. So thankful for your friendship. Praying for you, hubby & baby booger!!!! Most of all, praying he'll come soon and be happy & healthy & "not ugly"!

On another note, I wanted to say thanks to the friends from work who've been so sweet to me. A couple have come out of the woodwork, reminding me that they're still here, lending their friendships and listening ears, and willing to do lunches and show me they care too. I couldn't be more thankful for the amazing place where I work!!! All you ladies from work, thank you so much for being so, so, so sweet. You all know we connect with different people in different ways, and these have just been my big connections lately, seemingly all ditching me at once. ;) I just couldn't not talk about it because it was really on my heart. That in no way negates the other friendships I have here and am utterly thankful for. You are all so near & dear to me. I couldn't imagine right now working anywhere else but here. We are all in this together and God has really blessed us with a great place to work, and wonderful people to work with! Thanks so much to all of you!!!! I look forward to getting to know each of you better as we travel this work road together. :)

1 comment:

Monica Gee said...

I am truly honored to have a friend like you. You know you can't get rid of me that easily! ;-) Thanks for your kind words and for the fun walk down memory lane. Love ya, girl!