Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Line List of Updates

My tailbone issues from last Sunday seem to have completely disappeared. Whew.

I'm sore from working out. Ouch. But a good ouch. But still, ouchhhh.

Sticking to a fairly strict routine lately has been a really good thing!

I have more energy. I have more drive to do things.

I'm not wallowing in self-pity. I'm very thankful. I'm reminded from a book I'm reading that hasn't yet come out (remember, I work for a publishing company) so I'm not sure I should release the title or author information...but it takes us through each story of the Bible. It is really good. I'll check to see if I can mention the title but if not, I'll come back and mention it after it comes out. And maybe we'll have a contest or something. Except that I stink at those. My last giveaway sat in my house for like a month. Just ask Kayren at Everything's Coming Up Daisies. She is such a sweetheart and was gracious to me through that process! I'm still learning. And Kayren, I know I still owe you a blog post, I promise it's coming! Thanks again for your patience.

So yeah, um, we'll see... anyway, back to the story at hand....

Here are a couple of quotes from within this book that I am just loving:



"God does not choose people because he knows they will be godly people or because he can see that they will love him. God chooses sinners because he is a God of grace, giving people good things they do not deserve."

"The Bible makes it clear that when people intend evil, as Joseph's brothers did, it is wrong and God will hold them accountable for it. At the same time, though, the Bible tells us that God is always at work in everything that happens to accomplish his purposes. Often, we will not know what God's purpose is in bringing to us what seems sad or bad, but we can trust him to be doing only what will turn out to be the very best."

I'm taking a lot of immune support vitamins, and trying in every possible way above and beyond the normal to try to ward off getting sick. The H1N1 flu seems to be spreading like wildfire around our area right now. A nearby school recently canceled classes for the rest of this week after nearly half the student body came down sick. It's getting ever so closer to home, and I'm praying that God will just watch over and protect us. Not necessarily from not getting sick, but that if we do get sick that it won't be too bad. I have been doing a ton of research regarding the H1N1 vaccine, nearly spending all my spare time on it. I thought I'd made up my mind. But the more real it gets and the closer to home it hits, the more I struggle over this decision. Ughhh.

This past weekend was such a blast. We went to a David Crowder Band concert at our church on Friday night. They are a.m.a.z.i.n.g. I can't really put into words how wonderful it was. Saturday was relaxing with grocery shopping, watching "The Proposal", fast forwarding "The Proposal" through some so not necessary parts!!! (but otherwise it's hilarious!), and then...the icing on the cake...babysitting my dear friend Monica's 9 wk old baby Parker (the cute one I keep posting pictures of) while they went out on their first date night since he was born. It was a total blast and such an honor. Sunday we served at church, then were at hubster's mom's house much of the day with his family in from TN and that was also tons of fun! I'm so thankful for his awesome family. 

Lots of pictures to come!

Hope you're all doing well and having a good week!

No comments: