Sunday, November 15, 2009

Overdid It But So Worth It

Oh man... I'm so sorry it took me so long to get to this post!!

 
The Beth Moore conference I attended last weekend in Springfield {IL} was simply amazing! I am so thankful I got the opportunity to attend, despite utter exhaustion and pain for days after {but not nearly as bad as I've had in the past and thankfully had no problems working this week}. God's name was lifted high and magnified by 8,800 women, and Beth Moore really brought God's Word.

I can't fully explain how great it was. If you've never heard Travis Cottrell sing and never heard Beth Moore live, ladies, trust me you want to try really hard to get to an event! I'd never heard Travis before now, but am so blessed to have heard him now. He's got a really powerful voice and is a terrific worship leader. Beth is incredibly passionate and really neat to see live. I've seen her several times in Bible study videos and I kind of feel like I know her... but there's just something about being in that room with all those women, praising God together, studying His Word together, and just feeling so connected to 8,799 other women is incredible. You can really feel the Spirit moving! God was really magnified in that place!!

It's too bad you get sucked back into reality so quickly afterward, lol! But it was great while it lasted.

My stepsister Susan, mom, and I outside Olive Garden before the start of the event on Friday night


Quickly snapping pictures before we left the hotel room at 6 a.m. last Saturday (it started at 8:30 but we had to eat, drive over, find a place to park, and get inside with hopes of finding seats together).






The above pics were all taken inside the convention center on Saturday morning {and yes, that was a Fireproof clip for their new Bible study from Lifeway, based on the movie}.

Below are pics of what they had going on the screen before the worship team came on stage. I thought they did it all very well. And then of course, the awesome worship team!!





 

After the worship team was done, this really neat intro video came on. Here are just a few screen shots of it. Trust me though, it got everyone really fired up!




Then Beth came out and the place went wild. We were soooo excited to hear her speak!

 She was so engaging. She walked around some of the crowd at the beginning of each day's session and chatted with people... holding babies, sitting on laps, hugging people that used to be at her church in Texas, asking questions, and teasing the few guys she found in the audience! :)
She's really delightful and so much fun to watch in person!
 
 I'm taking all of these from the upper balcony, 2nd to back row, no flash.
 
 We took a break halfway through on Sat morning, and started back up with more worship.
 
 Travis (main worship leader) sung a really amazing, very powerful song as the worship time after the break ended and before Beth came back out. It was utterly incredible!
 
 She gets sooo passionate and fired up! I love it!

Ending the sessions with even more powerful worship... this time Beth stayed on stage and sang along, and even jumped along with the worship team in a circle for one song. It was really cool! God was mightily moving & in that place!

 Lunch at Godfather's Pizza with mom & Susan after it was over.

 

*Sigh... can I go back yet?*
 
Sadly, reality also strikes pretty quickly. There are some general life things that I'm not going to discuss here that are incredibly difficult right now. I'm feeling pretty down, frustrated, and want to hide.

But also fighting really hard to stay positive and remember that God is good, always. I am thinking on 2 Corinthians 9:8 today.

Thanks for your patience and for putting up with all these pictures! Sorry if it took time to download. :(

Wishing you all the very best. Hope you all had a great weekend... and have a good week!

**Please do not reuse these photos without permission. Many of these photos are taken of videos used by Living Proof Life ministry. Please contact them directly if you are interested in their videos.**

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Great pics! And hang in there with the other things!

Loveyou,

Soft Hugs to All: Laurie D. said...

Great pics. I'm really glad you got to go to the event. Also thank you for you know what.
Soft Hugs to You
God Bless
Laurie D

Liz Mays said...

I can only imagine how wonderful it was! It was absolutely PACKED!

Rochelle said...

Thanks ladies! I appreciate you actually putting up with all those pictures! :)